Forums: Forum of Decimal BASIC (Thread #40336)

Graphics Memory under Linux (2019-01-20 22:30 by ukimiku #82452)

I am drawing a factal. When I set the graphics output window resolution to 600x600 pixels, the program executes correctly. When I increase the size to 1600x1600, it crashes silently, all windows suddenly disappear. I have a basic.ini file in my home folder under Linux, but there appears to be no setting for the memory Decimal Basic allocates for the graphics window. How can I make DB use more graphics memory?

Thank you.
Regards,

Reply to #82452×

You can not use Wiki syntax
You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Login

Re: Graphics Memory under Linux (2019-01-21 14:11 by ukimiku #82456)

Reply To Message #82452
> I am drawing a factal. When I set the graphics output window resolution to 600x600 pixels, the program executes correctly. When I increase the size to 1600x1600, it crashes silently, all windows suddenly disappear. I have a basic.ini file in my home folder under Linux, but there appears to be no setting for the memory Decimal Basic allocates for the graphics window. How can I make DB use more graphics memory?
>
> Thank you.
> Regards,

To clarify, the crashes are sporadic. Another attemptb with an even bigger graphics window succeeded. Yet in both instances, the computer had just been restarted. Strange.
Reply to #82452

Reply to #82456×

You can not use Wiki syntax
You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Login