[Howm-eng 156] Re: Search by page title with autocompletion

Back to archive index

khi****@users***** khi****@users*****
Thu Aug 23 21:06:08 JST 2018

Hi.

Howm has auto-completion only for *keywords*.  So you need to write
the title as "= <<< Plan" instead of "= Plan" for auto-completion.
You can set it default as follows, but I'm afraid of efficiency.

;; Set initial contents of new notes
(setq howm-template ("= <<< %title%cursor\n%date %file\n\n"))

Or, ...

;; Though this is not completion, you can find notes by their titles.
(defun my-howm-search-title (title)
  (interactive "sSearch title: ")
  (howm-search (format "^=\\s+%s" (regexp-quote title)) nil))

Most titles in my notes are empty because considering suitable titles
is bothersome for quick note taking.  I regard howm as a tool not for
well-organized documentation but for scribble / clutter-writing.

--
khi****@users*****