Forums: MIDITrail Message board (Thread #36567)

OpenGL (2015-03-09 09:33 by Gingeas #75684)

My friend used a build of Linux (I forgot which build) and managed to get MIDITrail to work on his computer. He used MIDITrail and managed to open over 28 million notes (as opposed to NVIDIA's 8.3 million limit). Could you explain what caused this to work? He said that there was a DirectX to OpenGL wrapper, which might be the case.

Reply to #75684×

You can not use Wiki syntax
You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Login

Re: OpenGL (2015-03-22 17:34 by yknk #75798)

> My friend used a build of Linux (I forgot which build) and managed
> to get MIDITrail to work on his computer.

That's great!
I want to see the application...

> He used MIDITrail and managed to open over 28 million notes
> (as opposed to NVIDIA's 8.3 million limit).
> Could you explain what caused this to work?
> He said that there was a DirectX to OpenGL wrapper, which might be the case.

I think that the difference between DirectX and OpenGL does not affect the limit.
Therefore I guess that it's because the program of drawing notes has been updated by your friend.

Memo:
MIDITrail for Windows uses DirectX.
MIDITrail for Mac OSX uses OpenGL.
MIDITrail for iOS uses OpenGL.
Reply to #75684

Reply to #75798×

You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Login

Re: OpenGL (2015-03-27 20:33 by Gingeas #75821)

[Reply To Message #75798]
> > My friend used a build of Linux (I forgot which build) and managed
> > to get MIDITrail to work on his computer.
>
> That's great!
> I want to see the application...
>
> > He used MIDITrail and managed to open over 28 million notes
> > (as opposed to NVIDIA's 8.3 million limit).
> > Could you explain what caused this to work?
> > He said that there was a DirectX to OpenGL wrapper, which might be the case.
>
> I think that the difference between DirectX and OpenGL does not affect the limit.
> Therefore I guess that it's because the program of drawing notes has been updated by your friend.
>
> Memo:
> MIDITrail for Windows uses DirectX.
> MIDITrail for Mac OSX uses OpenGL.
> MIDITrail for iOS uses OpenGL.

Ah interesting. He used Kubuntu 14.04 LTS.
Reply to #75798

Reply to #75821×

Re: OpenGL (2015-04-13 03:09 by ray890 #75928)

[Reply To Message #75798]
> Memo:
> MIDITrail for Windows uses DirectX.
> MIDITrail for Mac OSX uses OpenGL.
> MIDITrail for iOS uses OpenGL.

Can there be an OpenGL mode or version of MIDITrail for windows just for the user option?
I just want to see if it works better than the DirectX version and this would be good for compatibility too.
Reply to #75798

Reply to #75928×