[Mingw-users] Issue with Mingw Installation Manager

Back to archive index
Keith Marshall keith****@users*****
Thu Feb 27 19:04:39 JST 2020

On 24/02/2020 13:10, Richard Gipps wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I have run the MinGW Installation Manager and followed these
> instructions to update my system:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/mingw/mailman/message/35961568/
>
> However, after uninstalling the items below (which are in the GCC
> Upgrade Blockers list), and selecting mark all upgrades and apply
> changes, it re-installs these files, but does not upgrade the rest of
> the system.
>
> Is there an additional action I am missing?

From the screen-shot, which you included, it appears that you selected
the items for removal, but didn't complete the action, by invoking the
"Apply Changes" operation, (and confirming it), from the "Installation"
menu.  Thus, the items will simply have remained installed; (I don't
think they were reinstalled, because they weren't actually uninstalled,
before you progressed to the "Mark All Upgrades" step).

--
Regards,
Keith.