Miyo - is simply an acronym for "make it your own". Primarily intended for users with older hardware, MiyoLinux is a very minimal and base system that allows users the freedom to add the software and applications that they want or need without having to remove the ones that they don't want. It's the user's choice to decide what goes on the system in order to make it their own. Based on Devuan and by utilizing Window Managers instead of full Desktop Environments, the system is ideal for (but not limited to) older computers with limited resources.
Please do not submit MiyoLinux to DistroWatch. MiyoLinux is a personal project.
The software is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement. In no event shall the authors or copyright holders be liable for any claim, damages or other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort or otherwise, arising from, out of or in connection with the software or the use or other dealings in the software.
TO AVOID HAVING TO CHANGE ANY OF THE FILE'S OWNERS OR GROUPS, UNZIP THESE FILES AS ROOT.
There are three versions of the update notifier available. Each is represented by its name on the .zip file.
1. Basic Update Notifier - It simply lets the user know that updates are available...nothing more. Clicking the icon in the system tray will close the system tray notification. It's then left up to the user to perform updates manually via a terminal or synaptic.
2. Synaptic Update Notifier: uses the Synaptic Package Manager to perform upgrades. There are two modes available. One mode opens the main Synaptic window, and upgrades are performed in the floating windows on top of the main window. The other mode only uses the floating windows.
3. Terminal Update Notifier: uses a terminal (xterm) to perform upgrades. If you don't want to use xterm, it can be changed to your terminal of choice.
Installation instructions are included for each version and offer some basic instructions for how to possibly change some of the default features more to your liking.
License: Public Domain
To the extent possible under law, MiyoLinux has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to MiyoLinux Update Notifier (2021). This work is published from: United States.
November 27, 2021
1. Replaced the script's shebang from #!/bin/bash to #!/usr/bin/env bash
2. Changed moving the updates.svg icon into /usr/share/pixmaps/ instead of /usr/share/images/
3. Renamed the cron files