Forums: M+ OUTLINE FONTS (Thread #40671)

M+フォントの上下の空白を除外したい (2019-04-19 16:33 by comp #82864)

こんにちは。M+フォントをありがたく利用させていただいております。
あるアプリ開発において別フォントからM+フォントに移行を検討しているのですが、
M+フォントにある「フォントの上下余白」が移行元のフォントにありません。
そのため単純に移行しようとすると画面レイアウトがくずれてしまいます。

ここで、質問ですが
・M+にMSゴシックライクの「フォントの上下余白がない版」はございますか?
・ない場合はFontForgeで上下余白なし版になるよう編集することを検討しますが、
 全文字を上下余白なしになるよう手軽に編集する方法などございますか?
 (バッチ処理など…)

Reply to #82864×

You can not use Wiki syntax
You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Login

Re: M+フォントの上下の空白を除外したい (2019-04-21 16:48 by coz #82867)

M+ FONTS には各種の記号付き欧文グリフが含まれているため、アセンダライン(Ascender line)とディセンダライン(Descender line)間が広がっています。これらの「特殊」な欧文グリフを使わない前提であれば、FontForge または他のフォント編集プログラム上でアセンダとディセンダの設定値を小さくしてフォント生成させれば良いと思います。申し訳ありませんが FontForge の操作方法に関しては他を当たっていただければ幸いです。作業時に直接 FontForge を扱うことは無いので良く分かりません。
Reply to #82864

Reply to #82867×

You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Login

Re: M+フォントの上下の空白を除外したい (2019-04-23 10:03 by comp #82873)

FontForgeを用いフォントのAscent・Descentを編集することで、目的を達成できました。ありがとうございました。

以下ノウハウメモ
FontForgeを以下からダウンロード
http://fontforge.github.io/en-US/

M+フォントを開き、Element -> Font Info -> OS/2 -> Metrics の情報を編集する。
移行元のフォントと一致させるとよい。
https://fontforge.github.io/faq.html#linespace
その後、フォント出力する。
Reply to #82867

Reply to #82873×

Re: M+フォントの上下の空白を除外したい (2020-04-21 21:29 by clintgoss #84788)

Reply To Message #82867
> M+ FONTS には各種の記号付き欧文グリフが含まれているため、アセンダライン(Ascender line)とディセンダライン(Descender line)間が広がっています。これらの「特殊」な欧文グリフを使わない前提であれば、FontForge または他のフォント編集プログラム上でアセンダとディセンダの設定値を小さくしてフォント生成させれば良いと思います。申し訳ありませんが FontForge の操作方法に関しては他を当たっていただければ幸いです。作業時に直接 FontForge を扱うことは無いので良く分かりません。

Thank you for the excellent work on these fonts!

I am sorry I can only write in English - we visit Tokyo every year or two, but I have not yet learned enough Japanese.

I believe that line height is very important for font usage. For example, when using a font as a Windows terminal font (in a command window) line height is what controls the size of the font on-screen. It is complex, because of the number of OpenType font settings that need to be made, in a number of different SFNT tables.

I can create a version of the font with different line metrics, but that is not easy to do for most font users.

Is there a tool - maybe a web tool or an application - that can simply change the line height of a font? That might help many users.
Reply to #82867

Reply to #84788×

Re: M+フォントの上下の空白を除外したい (2020-04-22 14:46 by coz #84790)

Thank you for your comment.
I don't know a simple tool to change the line height of a font.
However, since M+ FONTS is a freeware, it would be very helpful if you could publish a font with changed line height.
Reply to #84788

Reply to #84790×