Nitrux is a Linux desktop distribution directly based on Ubuntu. It uses the Calamares installer and includes NX Desktop and NX Firewall on top of the KDE Plasma 5 desktop environment and KDE Applications. Nitrux utilizes the Debian package manager (dpkg) and its extended set of tools APT (Advanced Packaging Tool) to manage the operating system and manage the software. Nitrux supports both Legacy BIOS and EFI 64-bit computers only, there’s no support for 32-bit.
We are pleased to announce the launch of Nitrux 1.1.9. This new version brings together the latest software updates, bug fixes, performance improvements, and ready-to-use hardware support.
Nitrux 1.1.9 is available for immediate download. To update, please check the Compendium for instructions.
- The ninth release of Nitrux 1.1.x series.
- Updated Waterfox to version 56.2.12.
- Updated LibreOffice to version 22.214.171.124
- Updated kernel to version 5.2.3.
- Updated KDE Plasma to version 5.16.3, KDE Frameworks to version 5.60.0, KDE Applications to version 19.04.3.
- Updated X11 to version 1.20.4 incl. Intel and AMDGPU video drivers to version 1.19.1.
- Updated OpenSSL to version 1.1.1c.
- Updated OpenSSH to version 8.0p1.
- Added Kup KCM.