Forums: OpenMIDIProject forum (Thread #39747)

[Sekaiju 5.4] MIDI Thru note off bug? (2018-07-18 02:57 by DrSegatron #81610)

In version 5.3 and prior, my MIDI Thru noteoff events are sent as noteon events with a velocity 0, as expected:

Example log:

ON 60 noteon with a velocity 60 (1 note active)
ON 0 noteon with velocity 0->is handled as a...
OFF 0 noteoff event (0 notes active)

and so on

But in version 5.4, noteoffs are sent as a noteon event with a velocity of 1, which is interpreted as a new note with a velocity of 1:

ON 45 noteon with a velocity 45 (1 note active)
ON 1 noteon with velocity 1->is handled as a... new note with a velocity of 1 (2 notes active)

and so on

These hanging notes take up slots in the synth, but are removed at a reset, such as rewinding the midi file.

Reply to #81610×

You can not use Wiki syntax
You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Login

Re: [Sekaiju 5.4] MIDI Thru note off bug? (2018-07-18 18:04 by kuzu #81611)

Thank you for using sekaiju
and writing bug report.
I've fixed this bug yesterday.
Since this is fatal error,
soon I'll release new sejaiju.
Reply to #81610

Reply to #81611×

You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Login

Re: [Sekaiju 5.4] MIDI Thru note off bug? (2018-07-21 18:30 by kuzu #81624)

Today I've released new Sekaiju5.5.
A bug that when MIDI inputting, note-off{0x9n,0xkk,0x00} becomes note-on{0x9n,0xkk,0x01} so the voice doesn't stop is fixed.
Reply to #81610

Reply to #81624×

Re: [Sekaiju 5.4] MIDI Thru note off bug? (2018-07-26 05:52 by DrSegatron #81635)

[Reply To Message #81624]
> Today I've released new Sekaiju5.5.
> A bug that when MIDI inputting, note-off{0x9n,0xkk,0x00} becomes note-on{0x9n,0xkk,0x01} so the voice doesn't stop is fixed.

Cool!
Reply to #81624

Reply to #81635×