Forums: OpenMIDIProject forum (Thread #39920)

Crashes in one specific file! (2018-09-08 00:37 by siurano #81861)

I have a midi file that opens in the Vanbasco Karaoke player and Anvil Studio but when I try to use Sekaiju the program crash. It just closes. I opened the file with a hex editor an seems to be a standard midi file. In my limited knowledge I could not find anything wrong. I can send the file but I don't know how in this forum.

Reply to #81861×

You can not use Wiki syntax
You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Login

Re: Crashes in one specific file! (2018-09-08 10:08 by kuzu #81866)

Thank you for using Sekaiju.
If you don't mind, please send the MIDI file in e-mail.
If I have a time, maybe I can find what is wrong.
Reply to #81861

Reply to #81866×

You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Login

Re: Crashes in one specific file! (2018-09-22 13:30 by kuzu #81931)

Thank you for sending the MIDI data.

The first event of the first track is following port prefix event.
00 FF 21 00

00:Time=0
FF:MetaEvent
21:PortPrefix (unofficial)
00:Length=0 (invalid)

Port prefix event is unofficial so most MIDI Sequencers ignore this event normally.
But Sekaiju supports multiple port output and read port prefix event's value.
But this data has no data (Length=0) and no value, so sekaiju cause error.
Normally, following is correct.

00:Time=0
FF:MetaEvent
21:PortPrefix (unofficial)
01:Length=1
vv:Value=vv

Please see also : https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.music.midi/_MIjgi-8xQQ

If need, in the future's version, if detect invalid port prefix event,
maybe I consider fix it is recongnized as value=0...
Reply to #81861

Reply to #81931×