Forums: OpenMIDIProject forum (Thread #40769)

[Bug: 5.6] Crash on using line tool to draw in events before song start (2019-05-16 17:30 by Jimmy #83004)

Sekaiju 5.6 will crash if the line tool is used in the piano roll's controller pane to draw a set of CC events (i.e. a volume or modulation ramp) before the start of a song, i.e. 01:01:0000.

Here's a screenshot:
https://i.imgur.com/lt7Vn4M.png

The crash is easily reproducible:
- Select the line tool
- Select a CC event from the filter menu on the right
- Draw a line of new CC events that ends at the far left of the computer screen, i.e. before the start of the song.
- The program will hard crash.

This won't happen with Velocity, but it will happen with just about every other event, including tempo, pitchbend, etc - basically any option that means a new event gets placed.

This also doesn't occur with the piano roll window itself if you place *notes* using the line tool - only with the controller pane.

Reply to #83004×

You can not use Wiki syntax
You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Login

Re: [Bug: 5.6] Crash on using line tool to draw in events before song start (2019-05-16 20:45 by kuzu #83005)

Thank you for using Sekaiju and writing precious bug report.
Now, I've checked the bug happens.
Already, Sekaiju5.7 was released.
This bug will be fixed in next Sekaiju5.8.
Reply to #83004

Reply to #83005×

You can not use Wiki syntax
You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Login