Forums: OpenMIDIProject forum (Thread #42487)

Feature Request - Merge selected notes in a track (2020-06-16 07:40 by Eviluer #85158)

At times, when I am editing, there are notes in a track that repeat. Normally several very short notes that I would like to use a different instrument on and sustain the note. Currently, I have to delete the notes after the first and drag the note to lengthen it to the last of the series of notes. I would like to be able to simply select the multiple notes in the piano roll and combine them into a note the length from the beginning of the first note to the end of the last. I have researched this app and find no way do do that. FL studio has a function for this. I would love to see it added.

Reply to #85158×

You can not use Wiki syntax
You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Login

Re: Feature Request - Merge selected notes in a track (2020-06-16 19:22 by kuzu #85162)

Thank you for using Sekaiju.
For user-defined editing feature, I recommend to use SAL (Sekaiju Application Language).
Later, if I would have a time, I'll show the SAL script to combine selected notes.
Reply to #85158

Reply to #85162×

You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Login

Re: Feature Request - Merge selected notes in a track (2020-08-14 23:40 by eviluer #85554)

Reply To Message #85162
> Thank you for using Sekaiju.
> For user-defined editing feature, I recommend to use SAL (Sekaiju Application Language).
> Later, if I would have a time, I'll show the SAL script to combine selected notes.

Thank you. I do not know this language. So if you could show me, that would be very kind.

I also have another request.

In the event list, I can select to see only Control Change. I would like to be able to see individual control changes only. For example: only Modulation, or volume, or Expression

Can this be done?

Thank you
Reply to #85162

Reply to #85554×

Re: Feature Request - Merge selected notes in a track (2020-08-16 13:47 by kuzu #85565)

>Thank you. I do not know this language. So if you could show me, that would be very kind.
Following is an example SAL script to unify selected closed notes all at once.
You may modify nMaxInterval[ticks]'s value that judges unify or keep not unified.
And Ctrl+F1 is SAL's shortcut.
; unify_notes.sal

(do
(int nMaxInterval 120)
(int nKey 0)
(while (<= nKey 127)
(do
(int nStartTime -1)
(int nStartCh -1)
(int nStartVel -1)
(int nEndTime -1)
(forEachEvent
(if (== Event.Kind NOTE)
(if (== Note.Key nKey)
(do
(int nTime Event.Time)
(if (&& (!= nStartTime -1) (<= (+ nEndTime nMaxInterval) nTime))
(do
(insert nStartTime nStartCh NOTE nKey nStartVel (- nEndTime nStartTime))
(= nStartTime -1)
)
)
(if (== nStartTime -1)
(do
(= nStartTime nTime)
(= nStartCh Event.Chan)
(= nStartVel Note.Vel)
)
)
(= nEndTime (+ Event.Time Note.Dur))
(delete)
)
)
)
)
(if (>= nStartTime 0)
(insert nStartTime nStartCh NOTE nKey nStartVel (- nEndTime nStartTime))
)
(+= nKey 1)
)
)
)

>In the event list, I can select to see only Control Change.
>I would like to be able to see individual control changes only.
>For example: only Modulation, or volume, or Expression
>Can this be done?

I think the feature is useful, but it needs significant modification,
such as, adding the 4th view to show control change to the event list window.
In the future's version, if I would have time, I'll consider the feature.

By the way, in Japan, company is very very hard, which is known as "karoshi".
Honestly speaking, I'm too tired and sleepy. I have little time to touch Sekaiju.
Only bug fix and small update will be done. Please don't expect so much.

Reply to #85158

Reply to #85565×