From 18 Jan, 2021 0:00 UTC: All services will be temporary unavailable for maintenance

Forums: OpenMIDIProject forum (Thread #43348)

[5.9, 6.0] Stop send [Coarse Tuning] (GM RPN) with [Note Shift] (XG SysEx)! (2020-12-10 21:30 by «G~Lí†çh» #86299)

F0 43 10 4C 08 01 08 34 F7 — Note Shift: -12 seminotes
Just Enter this SysEx in Event List (or click on it) — Sekaiju sends to PSR-S correctly and applies "Note Shift" to -12;
THEN modify this event JUST TO this:
F0 43 10 4C 08 01 08 3 F7
Close this annoying dialog then play — it shifts to -24!
WHY Sekaiju sends RPN Coarse tuning with value 0 too ? There is no Control Changes in the event list at all!!
Then,
F0 43 10 4C 08 01 08 28 F7 — Now PSR-S applied [NOTE SHIFT = -24] AND [COARSE TUNING = -24] (total = 48 semitones down)!
And now, when I want to shift only by octave, i need to send:
F0 43 10 4C 08 01 08 3A F7 (one octave down)
F0 43 10 4C 08 01 08 46 F7 (one octave up)

Almost the same thing can be get with Ctrl+Z!

Temporary workaround: uncheck all "Update Program, Control, PitchBend, RPN, NRPN when … …" in Options.

P.S., I want the SysEx & Sequencer Specific input fields to !!TYPE!! only [0-9A-Fa-f] characters, Space/Tab/Enter/Esc/etc., It's annoying that ALL TYPED (modified) data isn't saved in the input field…
This annoying dialog contains only one "OK" button that performs "Abort" or "Cancel"… I need a "RETURN" (Again/Back/Edit/Ok) button that MUST RETURN modify state back — just please, DON'T RESET! It is frustrating, when typed 11 or more bytes and somewhere forgot about the SPACE or all the input was in wrong layout…

P.P.S. BTW, Data Entry with value "0" is received before "RPN Null":
A. why 0? The value must be 0x40!
B. Why no "RPN Coarse Tuning" before that wrong value?
C. Why "Data Entry = 0" after Data Entry of Coarse Tuning → "RPN Null" then again "RPN Coarse Tuning" if there were no other RPN/NRPN changes?

Reply to #86299×

You can not use Wiki syntax
You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Login

Re: [5.9, 6.0] Stop send [Coarse Tuning] (GM RPN) with [Note Shift] (XG SysEx)! (2020-12-21 19:19 by kuzu #86367)

Thank you for using Sekaiju.
Some of these issue will be fixed in the future's version.
Reply to #86299

Reply to #86367×

You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Login

Re: [5.9, 6.0] Stop send [Coarse Tuning] (GM RPN) with [Note Shift] (XG SysEx)! (2021-01-04 16:43 by kuzu #86456)

>WHY Sekaiju sends RPN Coarse tuning with value 0 too ?
>There is no Control Changes in the event list at all!!
RPN's value was initialized in wrong value.
And some sysex message made RPN wrong value.
This is fixed at Sekaiju6.1. Please try.

>Then,
>F0 43 10 4C 08 01 08 28 F7 — Now PSR-S applied [NOTE SHIFT = -24] AND [COARSE TUNING = -24] (total = 48 semitones down)!
>And now, when I want to shift only by octave, i need to send:
>F0 43 10 4C 08 01 08 3A F7 (one octave down)
>F0 43 10 4C 08 01 08 46 F7 (one octave up)
Sekaiju doesn't recognize what happens by the sysex message. (it depends on the MIDI module).
So Sekaiju sends sysex message only when playing.
Reply to #86299

Reply to #86456×

Re: [5.9, 6.0] Stop send [Coarse Tuning] (GM RPN) with [Note Shift] (XG SysEx)! (2021-01-05 19:32 by «G~Lí†çh» #86477)

> And some sysex message made RPN wrong value.
> This is fixed at Sekaiju6.1. Please try.
> So Sekaiju sends sysex message only when playing.
Just tested this sysex parameter in v.6.1 with different values – it's all ok…
btw. transport buttons doesn't show a hotkey in a tooltip, I found it only in menu, i.e. for RTZ (Return/Rewind to Zero or Jump to Start) is Ctrl+Home – I have to use this every time, but I need a return to the "LAST start"-cursor POSITION after a stop but don't scroll the screen to it (both options, like Audition).
Reply to #86456

Reply to #86477×