Forums: OpenMIDIProject forum (Thread #43691)

Multiple solo tracks and neutral arrow (2021-02-15 03:33 by LEONARD #86998)

Hello Kuzu,

I saw that you continue to improve your software for the benefit of many musiciens around the world.
In this respect could you add the possibility to choose a group of instruments(tracks) to play a score instead of having just one track on solo and all the others being off.
This could be achieved if you let any track to be simply on or off without touching the other tracks.
This should then be made possible as well in the tracks window as in the musical score window.

Furthermore the score window is missing a simple arrow icon to move around on the score without the risc of adding a note as occurs so frequently with the pen icon.

With best regards and congratulations for your splendid software.

Reply to #86998×

You can not use Wiki syntax
You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Login

Re: Multiple solo tracks and neutral arrow (2021-02-15 21:23 by kuzu #87008)

Thank you for using Sekaiju.
I'm glad to hear your feelings.

To let one track muted or soloed, please right click on the track list window,
and select popup menu's solo or mute.
At now, there is no space to edit track's property on the musical score window.

>Furthermore the score window is missing a simple arrow icon
>to move around on the score without the risc of adding a note
>as occurs so frequently with the pen icon.

Perhaps you want an arrow tool that has no function to indicate an object,
But placing too many tools let Sekaiju's GUI complex especially for beginners.
Some says panning tool, and others says zooming tool etc.
Maybe I will consider this issue in the future if touching device like surface pro is more used.
At now (mouse pointing era), I will not change GUI so much for already-existing users, sorry.
Reply to #86998

Reply to #87008×

You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Login

Re: Multiple solo tracks and neutral arrow (2021-02-15 23:07 by LEONARD #87012)

Thank you for your answer.
But my question was not about one track soloed or muted but about a group of tracks(instruments) soloed or muted at the same time.
When composing this feature is useful to test the colour/pitch/shape of only several instruments of the orchestra without hearing the others.
This in combination with your excellent Scrub(preview) feature which by the way is qualitywise missing in quite some professional notation softwares.
Best regards
Reply to #87008

Reply to #87012×

Re: Multiple solo tracks and neutral arrow (2021-02-16 12:32 by kuzu #87016)

How about the following option ?
"Setup" - "Options..." - "Musical Score" - Speaker tool mode = "Hear only showing tracks"
Reply to #86998

Reply to #87016×

Re: Multiple solo tracks and neutral arrow (2021-02-17 00:40 by LEONARD #87022)

Yes, fantastic !
In combination with the scrub (preview) feature it works perfectly.
It is exactly what I was looking for.
Thank you for your quick and useful answer.

Reply to #87016

Reply to #87022×