Forums: OpenMIDIProject forum (Thread #43941)

Time signatures not displaying correctly. (2021-04-02 19:35 by sysexjohn #87267)

Recently, when viewing the meta data in the master track I discovered that only the initial 4/4 was correct. Subsequent 3/4, 3/8 and 5/4 times all had
"0(clocks / quarter note) : 0(demisemiquavers / quarter note)"
clearly not correct .

The initial 4/4 time had "24 clocks per quarter note : 8 demisemiquavers per quarter note"
Any chance of an update?

This was in Sekaiju version 5.9.

Many thanks,
SysExJohn.

P.S. I updated to version 6.1 with the same outcome.
I've just discovered the output to csv or text file. Excellent feature. Thank you.
(Last Update: 2021-04-02 20:02 by sysexjohn)

Reply to #87267×

You can not use Wiki syntax
You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Login

Re: Time signatures not displaying correctly. (2021-04-03 12:20 by kuzu #87268)

Thank you for using Sekaiju for a long time.

I've checked this issue, but I couldn't find or make "0(clocks / quarter note) : 0(demisemiquavers / quarter note)" in any pattern.
Is the MIDI data is created by Sekaiju ?
Maybe the sequencer which created the standard MIDI File (*.mid) embedded 3/4, 0, 0 as a time signature or omitted last two value at subsequent data.

If the standard MIDI File is correct, if you don't mind, please send the MIDI data by e-mail.
If I would have a time, I'll check more detail.

By the way, I found the inputable value is between 1 to 127 in the event list window,
but it is between 1 to 255 in the Time Signature dialog box.
I'll fix this range between 1 to 255.
Reply to #87267

Reply to #87268×

You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Login

Re: Time signatures not displaying correctly. (2021-04-03 20:54 by sysexjohn #87269)

Reply To Message #87268
> Thank you for using Sekaiju for a long time.
>
> I've checked this issue, but I couldn't find or make "0(clocks / quarter note) : 0(demisemiquavers / quarter note)" in any pattern.
> Is the MIDI data is created by Sekaiju ?
> Maybe the sequencer which created the standard MIDI File (*.mid) embedded 3/4, 0, 0 as a time signature or omitted last two value at subsequent data.
>
> If the standard MIDI File is correct, if you don't mind, please send the MIDI data by e-mail.
> If I would have a time, I'll check more detail.
>
> By the way, I found the inputable value is between 1 to 127 in the event list window,
> but it is between 1 to 255 in the Time Signature dialog box.
> I'll fix this range between 1 to 255.

Many thanks for your very swift reply.

Yes, you are correct, the file was not generated in Sekaiju but in a rather old sequencing program that I still use from Yamaha, an ancient copy of XGworks, a modified version 4. Now VERY suspect.
I was trying to show someone how delta times work amid time signature changes. Now all that I have show him may be incorrect since he is working in hexadecimal.

My site is midi-tutor dot probards dot com.

I'm not sure how I send the file to you since I don't seem to be able to attach anything to this message.

I have sent you an e-mail with the faulty file attached.

SXJohn.
Reply to #87268

Reply to #87269×

Re: Time signatures not displaying correctly. (2021-04-11 13:01 by kuzu #87317)

I've checked the attached MIDIData in Hex editor.
The time signature event's 3rd byte and 4th byte are both 0.
So Sekaiju is working normally.

Reply to #87267

Reply to #87317×

Re: Time signatures not displaying correctly. (2021-04-11 18:32 by sysexjohn #87318)

Reply To Message #87317
> I've checked the attached MIDIData in Hex editor.
> The time signature event's 3rd byte and 4th byte are both 0.
> So Sekaiju is working normally.
>

Yes, many thanks, after much messing about I have discovered that the problem lies in the version of Yamaha's XGworks that I was using.

Strangely, although it inserts a tempo of 120 and a time signature of 4/4 into any new file, somehow it doesn't carry the values forward into any later inserted tempo.
However, changeing the hexadecimal values manually then corrects the problem and all future tempo events are correct.

So very sorry for any implications that Sekaiju wasn't working correctly, it is working just fine.
It remains a very sound program that I recommend to people who want to do MIDI sequencing.

Many thanks for your time.
Kind regards,
JohnG.
Reply to #87317

Reply to #87318×