RebornOS is a distribution based on Arch Linux
It starts as an Antergos bifurcation, offering more options during its installation, based on the Antergos cnchi installer, using the latter's repository, and one of its own.
Once the development of Antergos is finished, RebornOS becomes an independent distribution, no longer depending on the Antergos repository, but on its own repository (besides, of course, the Arch Linux repositories).
It currently offers a cnchi-based installer, which works without problems, while developing its own installer: Fenix.
In order to install a Reborn version of ArchLinuxARM download the script for your version of the Raspberry Pi. The script will prepare your SD Card, download, extract, and copy the appropriate files to the SD Card. This script requires only that you provide the name of your SD Card (i.e. mmcblkX, sdX)
Currently on first run you will need to initialize pacman-keys and populate keyrings using pacman-keys --init and pacman-keys --populate archlinuxarm rebornos as the root user. OR you can run the FirstRun.sh script as a root user. It is located in /usr/share/scripts/FirstRun.sh
Please be mindful that these packages are experimental at the moment. Please report any errors on our Discord.
Scripts to install various desktop environments (Currently only lxqt and i3).
How to use the RebornOS-ARM images:
1) Download the correct image for your SoC.
2) Format an SD card with two partitions. The first partition should be a FAT partition approximately 100MB and titled boot
3) The second partition should be the remaining space and titled root
4) Extract the .tar.gz image using tar xvf <filename>
5) Copy the boot folder in the decompressed archive to the boot partition you created in step 2.
6) Copy the remaining items in the decompressed archive into the root partition.
7) Safely remove your SD Card and insert it into your SoC.
8) Boot your SoC and enjoy!
6/23/2020: Updated Raspberry Pi installation images. Updated the installation instructions. 6/24/2020: Added an installation script for Raspberry Pi 3. 9/25/2020: Updated script, modified ArchLinuxARM packages for RebornOS.