Forums: Help (Thread #35080)

24.3 crashes/closes EVERY time I send a message... (2014-02-16 23:06 by artphotodude #71910)

once I upgraded to 24.3 (G4 7450) I noticed that I the program will crash everytime I send a message (the message in each case has been sent, but I have to then reopen the program to do anything more).

Went back to 17.0.11 and the problem went away again.

BTW, am on a MDD Dual 1.42GHz with OSX 10.4.11
Also have the following addons installed:

Enigmail for Tenfourbird 1.6
ThunderBrowse 3.82
Timezone Definitions for Mozilla Calendar 1.2011n

Reply to #71910×

You can not use Wiki syntax
You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Login

Re: 24.3 crashes/closes EVERY time I send a message... (2014-02-17 23:56 by t_mrc-ct #71919)

On my iMac G4, I can send mail without crash ... (Tenfourbird7450 v24.3.0)

I need more information to detect what happened on your Tenfourbird:

1. Could you find any crash log in Console? (/Applications/Utilities/Console)

2. Is the mail that caused crash properly stored in Sent folder?

3. Is the sent mail is signed or encrypted by Enigmail?

Regards.
Reply to #71910

Reply to #71919×

You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Login

Re: 24.3 crashes/closes EVERY time I send a message... (2014-05-27 15:05 by guest #73177)

I have seen this crash, but it does not occur every time I send mail

I see the following thunderbird messages in console log:

Warning
Mozilla has caught an Obj-C exception [NSInvalidArgumentException: ***
-[ChildView drawRect:inTitlebarContext:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x105cf550]

Error
*** -[ChildView drawRect:inTitlebarContext:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x105cf550

-When the crash occurs, the message is stored properly
-Not using Enigmail
Reply to #71919

Reply to #73177×

more information (2014-05-28 20:33 by guest #73194)

1. the crash also happens when I cancel a new message (close new message window without sending)

2. TenFourBird exits (does not spawn Apple Crash Reporter)
Reply to #73177

Reply to #73194×

Re: more information (2014-05-29 21:45 by t_mrc-ct #73215)

Thank you for reporting log.

I could figure out why crash happened.
Tenfourbird is calling method that is already obsoleted.

There may be a workaround for this crash. (I hope so...)

On Config Editor, change the following preference to false

mail.tabs.drawInTitlebar

I don't test this workaround because I can not reproduce this bug yet...

Thanks.
Reply to #73194

Reply to #73215×

Re: more information (2014-06-01 19:41 by t_mrc-ct #73248)

I report this issue to TenFourFox.
http://code.google.com/p/tenfourfox/issues/detail?id=273

If you are still getting crash, please get backtrace with the following way:

* For crashes or startup failure (optional): paste in any information from
Crash Reporter, or if you are able to run 10.4Fx in gdb, paste in the
backtrace. You can often do it like this from within Terminal.app:

cd Tenfourbird.app/Contents/MacOS
gdb thunderbird
run
*crash the app
bt full

thanks.
Reply to #73215

Reply to #73248×

Re: more information (2014-06-04 23:53 by t_mrc-ct #73300)

I made test build for this issue. Crash will not happen if this patch works fine.

http://sourceforge.jp/projects/tenfourbird/releases/61298

Please test it.
Reply to #73248

Reply to #73300×

Re: more information (2014-06-06 17:10 by guest #73316)

It works for me. Great job, thanks !
Reply to #73300

Reply to #73316×

where to get Mac GDB (2014-06-07 04:31 by guest #73331)

> if you are able to run 10.4Fx in gdb, paste in the backtrace.

I found this
http://www.gnu.org/software/ddd/

...but where can I download a binary package of GDB for PowerPC ?
Reply to #73248

Reply to #73331×

Re: where to get Mac GDB (2014-06-07 22:57 by t_mrc-ct #73356)

gdb is included in Xcode Developer Tools.

Xcode could download from Apple Developer website.

1. Sign-in or register Apple Developer Member Center (You can sign-in with your Apple ID):
https://developer.apple.com/membercenter/

2. Go to "Downloads for Apple Developers":
https://developer.apple.com/downloads/

3. Download Xcode:

For Leopard user:
Search "Xcode 3.1.4" and download it.

For Tiger user:
Search "Xcode 2.5" and download it.

4. Install Xcode.

5. Now, you can use gdb.
Reply to #73331

Reply to #73356×