We would like to first thank you all for the tests, reviews, and reports so far. The XOOPS Cube project team is proud to announce the release of the XOOPS Cube Legacy 2.1 beta.
This is the beta version so that it may have some bugs. Please use this version for evaluation purpose. We appreciate your feedbacks and bug reports of the beta.
For features and major differences between the XOOPS Cube Legacy 2.1 and XOOPS2, please refer to the roadmap and this article.
The followings are the changelog from the Alpha5c.
*Change of roadmap and version notation
We've revised the roadmap. Please refer to the roadmap for details.
We also change the version notation along with the change of roadmap. The "XOOPS Cube 2.1" has been changed to the "XOOPS Cube Legacy 2.1"(XOOPS Cube 0.9 + Legacy 2.1.
**From Alpha4-e / Alpha4-f / Alpha5 / Alpha5b / Alpha5c
1) Turn off the active value of Legacy and User module in the module management.
2) Then, you'll be forwarded to the 2nd installer. Uninstall two modules completely.
3) Remove files of the base module from your file system.
Users must use the legacy module instead of the base module in the beta. If you keep the base module, the site may get some troubles. Please remove files of base module.
4) Overwrite all the files of previous release with all files included in the beta. Then, you will see the following screen. Please click 'Install' button to work the beta..
5) Clear cache files in template_c folder.
** Other cases (Alpha4-d or prior)
Please refer to this article to upgrade to Alpha5c.
This is beta release which may include some serious bugs. Please use it at your own risk.
We appreciate your experiments use and feedbacks. At this time, your comments and report really help us for future development.
The XOOPS Cube Project Team