Ticket #23072

Open Date: 2010-09-08 02:13

Last Update: 2011-03-30 21:15

dispstr macro command bug

Priority:5 - MediumMileStone:(None)
Type:BugsSeverity:5 - Medium
Component:Tera Term MacroStatus:Open


Today I installed Tera Term 4.67 and tried the new dispstr macro function. I believe there is a bug. I found that the connect command must return a result of 2 in order for dispstr to work. Even though a result of 1 from connect is enough to link the macro to a TeraTerm console, dispstr will not display the string.

For example, I do not have a COM5 on my system, so the following macro opens a TeraTerm console window but does *not* display the string 'hello' in the TeraTerm window:

connect '/C=5'
dispstr 'hello'

I do have a COM1 on my system, so the following macro produces the expected result:

connect '/C=1'
dispstr 'hello'

I believe a macro like this could be useful:

connect '/C=1'
if result == 1 then
  dispstr 'Error opening COM1'
elseif result == 2 then
  dispstr 'Successfully opened COM1'

I also believe that a dispstr command should link MACRO to a new TeraTerm window if one is not already linked, but that is more of a feature request.

Attachment File

Attachment File ListNo attachments
Add New attachment
Add attachment filesPlease login to add new attachment

Ticket History - 2/2 Histories

2010-09-08 02:13 Updated by: None

  • New Ticket "dispstr macro command bug" created

2011-03-30 21:15 Updated by: yutakapon



Currently, the dispstr command can not be executed while Tera Term does not connect to the host. This is not bug but specification. However, the macro document is further explanation, and I have updated the document.

cf. http://ttssh2.sourceforge.jp/manual/en/macro/command/dispstr.html

Add Comment/Update #23072 (dispstr macro command bug)

You are not logged in. I you are not logged in, your comment will be treated as an anonymous post. » Login