[macemacsjp-english 217] Re: Problem with keybindings

Back to archive index

Jose Figueroa-O'Farrill j.m.f****@ed*****
Sun Sep 18 01:22:02 JST 2005

Walter> Thanks. The M-x latex-math-mode did the trick.  But for one
Walter> session only. I don't understand why this mode is
Walter> automagically loaded upon Carbon Emac's startup.  I checked my
Walter> .emacs file, nothing's been added there.  I did notice though
Walter> that after starting Emacs the status bar is showing the
Walter> message:

Walter> Loading texmathp... done

Walter> And when typing M-x latex-math-mode I'm getting the message:

Walter> Latex-Math mode enabled

Walter> Shouldn't that be `disabled'?

No, because texmathp has nothing to do with LaTeX Math Mode.  In fact,
from texmathp.el:

;;  This code provides a function to determine if point in a buffer is
;;  inside a (La)TeX math environment.  This is not trivial since many
;;  different ways are used to switch between the two.  Examples:
;;
;;    \begin{equation}  ... \end{equation}
;;    $ ... $
;;    $$ ... $$
;;    \[ ... \]
;;    \ensuremath{...}
;;

Walter> How do I turn it off permanently?

Sorry -- don't know.  It should not be on by default.  The elegant
solution would be to find out what's enabling it.  Do you use
'desktop' or some such thing to retain the state of the Emacs session?

Cheers, José

--
Prof José M Figueroa-O'Farrill  | Phone: +44 (0) 131 6505066
School of Mathematics           | Fax: +44 (0) 131 6506553