[macemacsjp-english 768] Freezing Problem

Back to archive index

Andy Green uayeb****@gmail*****
Fri Nov 24 16:42:21 JST 2006

Hi,

I'm having a very annoying problem with Carbon Emacs. Every few (5-10)
seconds, emacs stops updating the display and seems completely unresponsive.
Then, after a pause of as much as 10 seconds, it begins working normally,
and react to all keypresses during the unresponsive period. It is most
noticable whenever I scroll using the keyboard or type.

I have disabled my .emacs file, but still have the same effect. Activity
monitor does not show any noticable change in Emac's processor usage.

The An old version (late 2005) worked perfectly. I have tried both
2006-09-01 and 2006-11-01, and both have the same problem. I'm going to have
to revert to my old version until I solve this problem (which doesn't have
Rails support which I need...)

Thanks,
Andy