[macemacsjp-english 670] Re: Fwd: [Macemacsjp-users 1167] Re: Transparency patch (again)

Back to archive index

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dybal****@Web*****
Sun Sep 24 08:42:46 JST 2006

Am 23.09.2006 um 14:36 schrieb Seiji Zenitani:

>>> An updated patch.
>>
>> I have still no success with Xorg 6.8.2 and Xfree86 4.5.0. Probably
>> X11R7 is needed ...
>>
> That screenshot was taken on X.org 6.8.2.
>
> I'm not sure but you have to activate "composite" extension?

I don't think that this extension can be turned on: it has to be
integral part of the X server. And none of my available ones has it
built-in:

XFree86 version: 4.4.0          XFree86 version: 4.5.0          X.Org
version: 6.8.2
========================
number of extensions:    26     number of extensions:    27
number of extensions:    29
     Apple-DRI                       Apple-DRI
Apple-DRI
     Apple-WM                        Apple-WM
Apple-WM
     BIG-REQUESTS                    BIG-REQUESTS
BIG-REQUESTS

DAMAGE
     DEC-XTRAP                       DEC-XTRAP
DEC-XTRAP
     DOUBLE-BUFFER                   DOUBLE-BUFFER
DOUBLE-BUFFER
     Extended-Visual-Information     Extended-Visual-Information
Extended-Visual-Information
     FontCache                       FontCache
FontCache
     GLX                             GLX                             GLX
     LBX                             LBX                             LBX
     MIT-SCREEN-SAVER                MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
     MIT-SHM                         MIT-SHM
MIT-SHM
     MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD          MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
     RECORD                          RECORD
RECORD
     RENDER                          RENDER
RENDER
     SECURITY                        SECURITY
SECURITY
     SGI-GLX                         SGI-GLX
SGI-GLX
     SHAPE                           SHAPE
SHAPE
     SYNC                            SYNC
SYNC
     TOG-CUP                         TOG-CUP
TOG-CUP
     X-Resource                      X-Resource
X-Resource
     XC-APPGROUP                     XC-APPGROUP
XC-APPGROUP
     XC-MISC                         XC-MISC
XC-MISC

XFIXES
     XFree86-Bigfont                 XFree86-Bigfont
XFree86-Bigfont
     XINERAMA                        XINERAMA
XINERAMA
                                     XInputExtension
XInputExtension
     XTEST                           XTEST
XTEST
     XVideo                          XVideo
XVideo

I finally found that the crashes of transparency patched Carbon Emacs
23.0.0 are due to my initialisation files. When I launch it with -Q I
can turn on transparency. So your patch works for all Carbon Emacsen.
Could be I'll find some time to read how to configure and compile
X11R6.8 or modular X11R7 ...

--
Greetings

   Pete