[macemacsjp-english 881] Re: auctex/pdf

Back to archive index

Seiji Zenitani zenit****@mac*****
Sun Feb 4 22:15:59 JST 2007

On 2007/02/04, at 5:27, Roussanka Loukanova wrote:
> And if something similar could be done for the
> dvi files, it would be even better (for example, with a command
> command
> that would convert the dvi into pdf and open the pdf in Preview).

No, there is no standard way to handle the dvi files. There are so
many choices; for example, Mxdvi.app (Cocoa dvi viewer) or the
dvipdfmx command (dvi -> pdf) are very popular in Japan, but probably
they are not so popular in the world. I don't want to configure for
those.

My current plan is as follows. In this case, texdoc is identical to
open. But I am still wondering whether I should use "open %o",
because texdoc is cheaper than I have expected. Introducing another
wrapper increases the entropy...  If the user would like to use
PDFView, the user can configure the AUCTeX variable or the texdoc
command by himself/herself.

>       "%(o?)xdvi %dS -paper a5r -s 0 %d")
>      ("^dvi$" ,(concat "^" (regexp-opt '("a5paper" "a5comb")) "$")
>       "%(o?)xdvi %dS -paper a5 %d")
> +    ("^pdf$" "." "texdoc %o")
>      ("^pdf$" "." "xpdf -remote %s -raise %o %(outpage)")
>      ("^html?$" "." "netscape %o"))
>    "List of output file extensions and view options.

Seiji