[Pgbigm-hackers] Add bigm_similarity details to documentation

Back to archive index

Fujii Masao masao****@gmail*****
2013年 11月 22日 (金) 02:20:45 JST

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 11:36 PM, Amit Langote <amitl****@gmail*****> wrote:

> On Thursday, November 21, 2013, Fujii Masao wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 12:46 AM, Amit Langote <amitl****@gmail*****>
>> wrote:

>> > About the gin pending stats, is there any relation with FASTUPDATE
>> > parameter
>> > worth mentioning like it's being turned on or off?
>>
>> Sorry. I could not understand the point. Could you elaborate this?
>

> If  FASTUPDATE is turned off would there be a pending list? I am under an
> impression that there wouldn't be any; is that so?

Yes, GIN index created with FASTUPDATE disabled doesn't have a pending list.
So, in this case, pg_gin_pending_stats' pages and tuples columns always return
0. This is the same behavior as pgstatginindex() function which is provided by
pgstattuple contrib module.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao