[Pgbigm-hackers] Full text search regression tests

Back to archive index

Fujii Masao masao****@gmail*****
2013年 9月 19日 (木) 23:24:37 JST

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 10:55 PM, Beena Emerson <memis****@gmail*****> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The patch attached has the regression tests for the remaining functions and
> parameters:
>
> - show_bigm
> - pg_gin_pending_stats
> - pg_bigm.last_update
> - pg_bigm.gin_key_limit
> - pg_bigm.enable_recheck
>
> The full text search tests have also been updated:
> - more tests using special characters \, _ and %.
> - EXPLAIN for a sql using single character search.
> I am not sure if there is any other way I can show that the partial search
> is used.
>
> The Recheck functionality has also been checked.

Thanks for updating the patch! Looks good to me.

One problem that I found in my quick test is that the regression test
(installcheck) fails when standard_conforming_strings is set to off in
the server. The regression test might need to set standard_conforming_strings
explicitly before starting the actual test. On the other hand, I think that
we should check that pg_bigm can handle the backslash character
correctly whether standard_conforming_strings is enabled or disabled.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao