[macemacsjp-english 190] Re: Carbon Emacs on non-commercial CD or DVD

Back to archive index

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dybal****@Web*****
Mon Sep 12 02:09:11 JST 2005

Am 11.09.2005 um 12:36 schrieb Seiji Zenitani:

> By default, Carbon Emacs Package uses its built-in aspell
> (Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/aspell) for M-x ispell. All setting for
> this aspell is written in site-start.d/carbon-emacs-builtin-aspell.el.
> Since this file may interfere with your own configuration, remove the
> file first if you would like to use your own configuration.

Removing the line

	(setq ispell-program-name "/sw/bin/ispell")

from my .emacs makes things lighter since now aspell starts without
complaints. But: due to the default settings for aspell it's useless
because aspell can't spell words with umlauts.

Renaming carbon-emacs-builtin-aspell.el does not allow me to use an
ispell dictionary -- except it is placed into
/usr/local/lib/aspell-0.60/ ...

> According to the previous post to this list, Fink's ispell (or aspell)
> does not work fine. Perhaps it's related to the fink-specific
> environment variables such as PATH, LIBRARY_PATH.

Fink's ispell works fine in every other of my Carbon or X11 or
nowindows Emacsen. including Aquamacs Emacs. So ispell can't be the
culprit.

>> The very first time I hit a menu an error occurs:
>>
>> 	Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable mac-key-mode)
>>
> What version of Carbon Emacs Package are you using? Have you removed
> some files in site-lisp directory?

I think it's the latest release: GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1
(powerpc-apple-darwin7.9.0) of 2005-08-06 on trio.local.

--
Greetings

   Pete