[macemacsjp-english 189] Re: Carbon Emacs on non-commercial CD or DVD

Back to archive index

Seiji Zenitani zenit****@mac*****
Sun Sep 11 19:36:28 JST 2005

Hi, Pete,

On 2005/09/11, at 18:22, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>> Both ispell and ispell with german dict run on my ibook. To use german
>> dict, I temporally took out my .emacs.el, chose "Options > Mule > Set
>> Language Environment > European > German", choose "Tools > Spell
>> Checking > Select Dict > Select German Dict".
>
> I have already set in .emacs:
>
> 	(set-language-environment	'German)
>
> When I start spell checking from the menu the same thing happens as if
> ispell is launched from .emacs:

8<
> 	Whenever a word is found that is not in the dictionary,
>
> 	       /sw/bin/ispell -v
8<

> The empty lines come from ^M both times. Could be there is nothing
> passed to ispell?

By default, Carbon Emacs Package uses its built-in aspell (Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/aspell) for M-x ispell. All setting for this aspell is written in site-start.d/carbon-emacs-builtin-aspell.el. Since this file may interfere with your own configuration, remove the file first if you would like to use your own configuration.

According to the previous post to this list, Fink's ispell (or aspell) does not work fine. Perhaps it's related to the fink-specific environment variables such as PATH, LIBRARY_PATH.

> The very first time I hit a menu an error occurs:
>
> 	Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable mac-key-mode)

What version of Carbon Emacs Package are you using? Have you removed some files in site-lisp directory?

Sincerely,

-- Seiji