[macemacsjp-english 209] Re: macemacsjp-english Digest, Vol 7, Issue 8

Back to archive index

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dybal****@Web*****
Sat Sep 17 06:44:46 JST 2005

Am 11.09.2005 um 11:47 schrieb David Chadd:

>     ispell-init-process: Error: No word lists can be found for the
>     language "en_US".  WARNING: Unable to enter Nroff mode: Unknown
>     mode: "nroff".

Hello David!

I think you did not customize cocoAspell -- or you forgot about it.

Recent Emacsen use out of unknown (U.S. American?) reasons aspell
(American spell?) instead of ispell (International spell). Still the
variable and the ELisp file names start with ispell!

I'm trying to find the reason why aspell is only capable of
understanding more than the standard American 7 bit and checked my
System Preferences with the cocoAspell Preference Pane inside. There is
nroff, usually on.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Wasting time is an important part of living.