Japanese mirror of a file archiver with the high compression ratio "7-Zip" in http://sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzip/. It corresponds to various file formats, such as 7z, ZIP, CAB, RAR, ARJ, LZH, CHM, GZIP, BZIP2, Z, TAR, CPIO, ISO, MSI, WIM, NS...
- Files 7zFMn.exe, 7zGn.exe, 7-zipn, 7za.exe, 7zC.sfx were removed from 7-zip package
- 7-Zip now uses uncompressed SFX: 7z.sfx
- Sfx modules 7z.sfx and 7zCon.sfx now use msvcrt.dll
- Speed optimizations in LZMA maximum/ultra compressing.
- LZMA now supports word size up to 273
- 7-Zip now reduces dictionary size for LZMA, if you compress files
smaller than specified dictionary size.
- 7-Zip now can use large memory pages:
GUI: 7-Zip File Manager / Options / Settings / Use large memory pages.
Command line version: -slp switch.
This feature allows to increase speed of compressing.
But 7-Zip can make some pause at starting of compressing for allocating large pages.
Also Task Manager doesn't show real memory usage of program, if 7-Zip uses large pages.
This feature works only on Windows 2003 / XP x64 / Vista.
Also you must have administrator's rights for your system.
Recommended size of RAM: 1 GB or more.
To install this feature you must run 7-Zip File Manager at least once,
close it and reboot system.
- Some bugs were fixed